Monday 23 April 2012

Chethana in the Jungles of Africa!

Chethana in the Jungles of Africa!

I went to Addo and Scotia on a very packed Saturday in April. Addo is a national sanctuary famous for its elephants while Scotia is a much smaller private reserve. Both parks are beautiful areas with abundant wildlife. As a tourist, Scotia was more exciting: since it was smaller, you could much easier view all the animals and get up close to them. However, if I was an animal, Addo would be paradise: it encompasses 445 thousand acres of lush greenery and abundant water sources. It is also heavily protected against possible poaching and other illegal activities. It was an extremely exciting day- from 8 in the morning until 10 at night. Here are some pictures! (*Side note: My battery was dying so some friends gave me pictures as well...ergo the different lighting, dates etc)

Here's an elephant grazing in the Savannah. Unfortunately, while Addo is famous for its elephants, most of the elephants were too far away for my camera zoom to capture. But here's two pictures =]





Zebras' frolicking in the grass
Fierce lions


Warthogs, Kudu & Deer



A Giraffe whom I wish would give me just a few inches

And finally, a loving Rhino couple



Hope you enjoyed the Jungle! =]

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful Cheth. More beautiful than the humans!

    ReplyDelete