Monday 23 April 2012

Table Mountain, Winery Tour, and the Beaches!


All three events were done while I was in Cape Town.

Table Mountain overlooks all of Cape Town. I remember it being one of the first things that I saw when we entered Cape Town in our van. I could see it almost everywhere I went in Cape Town. The sight on top of the mountain is magnificent. Unfortunately, I can tell you nothing about the flora/fauna and that sort of thing but I can share the sights with you =]








We also went on a Winery Tour in Cape Town. We visited 5 wineries in the Southern Cape. All of them had wine tasting, and the last one included cheese tasting with the wine tasting. I’m not a big fan of wine but I went on the tour for the experience and in hopes of finding a wine or two that I might like. Now, you’re not supposed to drink all the wine since this is a 9 am to 5 pm tour…but since it is a group of college students in South Africa, we drank all of it. The result was 20 stumbling students who had a fantastic day but passed out by 5 pm. Also, since I couldn’t find a wine that I liked after visiting 5 wineries, I have decided that wine just isn’t for me. Here are some pictures =]







Finally, I had to share the pictures of some of the beaches with you. I have to warn you though: while the ocean looks warm and inviting, it is absolutely frigid! I jumped in for a few minutes before I came running back out!





The tallest person on the trip and the shortest person on the trip





No comments:

Post a Comment